“To procure the goods & services with better quality as per the requirement of the end-user at the most economical price from the manufacturers/ agencies with high integrity and competence through the highest level of business ethics.”
- Purchase on behalf of Project Authority /Service Recipient
- Purchase under National Dairy Plan (NDP I)
- Management of commodities and Rail Milk Tankers (RMTs)
- Purchase for NDDB
1. PURCHASE ON BEHALF OF PROJECT AUTHORITY/SERVICE RECIPIENT:
- All the project requirements of Engineering Services (ES) and Bio-Security Lab Cell are purchased as per the purchase procedures of NDDB on behalf of service recipient.
- Purchase of Goods, works and services for more than 625 projects including liquid milk processing as well as product dairy plants, milk chilling centers, cattle feed plants, etc. executed by NDDB, Purchase Group.
2. PURCHASE UNDER NATIONAL DAIRY PLAN I (NDP I):
- External studies/consultancy contracts and other purchases at PMU level
- Procurement capacity assessment of EIAs and training of EIA officers on World Bank Procurement Guidelines
- Setting up Framework Agreements and related matters
- Review of documents (NCB,FA and Shopping) of EIAs
- Data Management of NDP-I
- Monitoring of Procurement MIS
3. MANAGEMENT OF COMMODITIES AND RAIL MILK TANKERS (RMTs):
- For supply of milk from surplus to deficit areas, NDDB is maintaining a fleet of RMTs (presently 91 RMTs with a capacity of 40,000 ltr. each)
- Allotment of RMTs and signing/renewal of contracts with Unions/Federations
- Coordination with Railways for Periodic Over Hauling (PoH), repairs and maintenance of RMTs, etc
- Procurement of new RMTs with 44,660 ltr. capacity.
- Procurement and supply of Dairy commodities, as and when required.
4. PURCHASE FOR NDDB:
- Procurement of capital and revenue items for NDDB, concluding Annual Maintenance Contracts (AMCs), Annual Rate Contracts (ARCs), Insurance of Assets, Import of goods /equipment and logistics management etc.