Points to be noted during vaccination
- Animals should be in good health at the time of vaccination.
- The cold chain of the vaccines wherever prescribed should be maintained till the time of administration to the animal.
- The manufacturers’ instruction on the route and dosage should be strictly followed.
- A minimum vaccination coverage of 80% of population is required for proper control of the disease.
- It is beneficial to deworm the animals 2-3 weeks before vaccination is carried out for better immune response.
- Vaccination should be carried out at least a month prior to the likely occurrence of the disease.
- Vaccination of animals in advanced pregnancy may be avoided even though in most cases nothing untoward may happen.